That means Oh My Gawd Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
Not around here.
But we do like pumpkin spice. I, in fact, absolutely love pumpkin. And I do actually also like coffee, believe it or not.
Pumpkin pancakes and coffee syrup.
If you're looking for a fall cheat meal idea, we've got one for you.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (we used a home-roasted pumpkin and highly recommend that. To roast a pie pumpkin, cut it in half and bake it cut-side down for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F. Pull out the meat once it's cooled and blend it to make it into puree.)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup strong Ground Shark Coffee
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
How to make the deliciousness:
- Make a strong pot of Ground Shark Coffee. We used the Brown Belt Blend.
- Pour a cup of the coffee in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add a half cup each of brown sugar and white sugar.
- Bring it to a boil and turn the heat down to medium-low to allow a slow boil.
- Stir occasionally, keeping an eye on the thickness of the syrup.
- When it reaches desired consistency, pull off the burner and let it cool.
- Preheat your favorite griddle on medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the rest together.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients over the dry, whisking to combine.
- The batter will stay slightly clumpy. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Butter the griddle, and pour on your desired amount of batter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
Stack the pancakes, pour the coffee syrup on top, and dig in.
Make sure you have something good on the TV (I like Planet Earth) to watch because you're about to food coma your day away.
It's so worth it.
Our Brown Belt Blend makes a delicious syrup. Get some here.